Re: BUG? in find_vma function (2.2.0 mm/mmap.c)

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 23:58:15 +0000

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 02:05:23PM +0900, s-sumi@trc.rwcp.or.jp wrote:

> I found a bug (maybe) in find_vma function (2.2.0 mm/mmap.c).
> In original code, find_vma may return mm->mmap_cache directly in wrong case.

I was wondering if someone could explain the effects (if any) of this bug
on try_to_free_page and friends? I've been unable to reproduce the NTFS oops
I've been whining about for a while (caused by kmalloc() inexplicably
failing) since I applied the 2.2.1 patch, I wondered if this was the reason;
maybe I just haven't been trying hard enough?

S.

--
If breastfeeding a pig is sickening to you, what the hell are you
doing on usenet? -- Aimee, on rec.music.tori-amos