Re: PROBLEM: IRQ of ISAPNP card is not where I put it with isapnp in 2.2.x +kernel.

Peter J. de Vrijer (peter@pa3ebv.cistron.nl)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:57:12 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Kernel Admin User wrote:

> > From: "Peter J. de Vrijer" <peter@pa3ebv.cistron.nl>
> > Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:11:39 +0100 (CET)
> > Subject: PROBLEM: IRQ of ISAPNP card is not where I put it with isapnp in 2.2.x kernel.
> >
> > Description follows suggestion of Frohwalt Egerer.
> > Please keep me informed of fixes by including me in the CC list.
> >
> > [1.] IRQ of ISAPNP card is not where I put it with isapnp in 2.2.x kernel.
> No.
> >
> > [2.] I use a Eicon.Diehl Diva 2.01 ISDN card. It's a ISA PnP card.
> > In kernel 2.0.36 everything works fine. I put the io address at 0x260 and
> > the IRQ at 11 with isapnp. That goes without problems.
> > In the 2.2.x kernels (both 0 and 1 the same) I have the following problem:
> Diva 2.01 is not supported in HiSax 2.8, which is in 2.2.X in the moment.
> (In 2.0.36 is HiSax 3.1)
> Please use the latest HiSax CVS snapshoot for 2.1 from
> ftp.suse.com/pub/isdn4linux/v2.1/isdn-tar.gz
> Read ftp.suse.com/pub/isdn4linux/README first.
> You can use the same i4k-utils like under 2.0.36, but have to recompile it.
Thanks for the help. Everything runs fine now. Had to get the latest
i4k-utils because isdnlog complained of version mismatch. But thats ok now
too.

Greetings from Peter.

| Peter J. de Vrijer e-mail: peter@pa3ebv.cistron.nl |
| werk: pj.de.vrijer@chw.nl |
| And perhaps the horse will learn to sing |