Re: AMI MegaRAID driver update

Dan Christian (robodan@netscape.com)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 17:30:41 -0800

I tried to use this with a SMP, 2Gb kernel (__PAGE_OFFSET set to 0x70000000
in page.h and vmlinux.lds) and get a panic. Everything seems fine until it
probes partition tables on the AMI controller (there are no other disks).

The first disk seems OK (and should be the boot disk). The second and third
virtual disk claim that they don't have a partiton table.

The kernel then panics because it can't mount the root partition.

The first disk is a single disk. The second and third virtual disks are
RAID-0, two and three physical disks respectivley. The controller is a 428,
Rev-D1, with battery backup, bios 1.47.

Unfortunately, I don't have another disk to boot from to isolate driver
problems from kernel problems. If I use a stock 2.2.1 kernel with "mem=950M",
then things seem to work fine.

Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Thanks,
-Dan Christian