RE: howto disable auto route setup?

Fred Reimer (Fred.Reimer@eclipsys.com)
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:22:43 -0500

I have not been following what this is all about yet, but the short answer
is no. If it comes down to deciding how things should be implemented we
should NOT just follow the practices of the router vendors, even if they all
do the same thing. We should follow the RFCs that describe how IP
addressing and routing protocols are supposed to work. If vendors implement
an "option" such as zero-subnet-mask, then we can implement that "option"
also, but it should not be part of the core implementation.

Router vendors are well known to implment things incorrectly to such an
extent that it brings into question whether we should blindly follow their
implmentations or start from scratch with the RFC's.

Fred