Re: modutils 2.1.121 breaking autoloading of 2.0.x modules?

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 03:42:48 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Steve Dodd wrote:

>> >So, will someone who does know how do so?
>> >Can I hear modutils-2.2.0 anyone? ;o)
>
>I did post a patch - it basically fixes up the includes to not use
>KERNELD_NEW_PROTOCOL (as 2.0 uses the 'old' protocol, and 2.2 doesn't use
>kerneld at all). It also added some diagnostic to check you weren't doing
>anything silly based on your kerneld config & kernel version.
>
>I posted it to linux-kernel (Jan 19?) and cc'd to the last person listed in
>the modutils ChangeLog, and was rewarded by deafening silence :)

Can you try posting it again a few times? I've found that such
postings often require a few repeats to get attention, possibly
with explicit requests for reply. Try Cc'ing some other people
who may be 'up there' enough to care too. Alan, et al...

TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                   Linux advocate      GNU advocate
Computer Consultant                          Open Source advocate

News for nerds, stuff that matters: http://slashdot.org