Re: ppp interface not being dropped

Andy Carlson (andyc@andyc.carenet.org)
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 09:17:22 -0600 (CST)

I missed the first message in this thread, so if I am off base, please
just ignore my post.

I had a problem, somewhere aroudn 2.1.125, where my ppp interface would
not go away. This was a problem on my one machine, where I had it
dialing in once an hour to set the time. The answer was, that I had
been using kill -9 to stop it, but by reading the manpage for pppd, I
found that I should be using kill -2. Hope this helps.

Andy Carlson |\ _,,,---,,_
andyc@andyc.carenet.org ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_
BJC Health System |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
St. Louis, Missouri '---''(_/--' `-'\_)
Cat Pics: http://www.nothnbut.net/~andyc/animal.html