Re: Linux 2.2.1ac4

Thomas Davis (tadavis@lbl.gov)
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 10:16:52 -0800

Trond Myklebust wrote:

> "Steven N. Hirsch" <shirsch@adelphia.net> writes:
>
> > Yes, it does go rather fast. Unfortunately, where it leads me is into
> > oblivion. Running 'iozone 64 8192' on a dual-PPro SMP client (2.2.1-ac3)
> > against a knfsd server locks up solid after a few seconds. No log
> > messages, no fanfare.
> >

> If you have time, I'd like to work with you on this.

add me to the list; I have a SMP dual PII, 333, that I attempted to run bonnie
on against a Solaris NFS server; client got partially through the test, and then
locked somewhere. the system continued to respond to IP requests, and you could
type on the console, but there was no response to whatever I did..

If needed, I can probably arrange access over the net to this machine.