Re: Kernel stack corruption

vgo@Ratio.de
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 19:32:07 +0100 (MET)

On 04-Feb-99 Alan Cox wrote:
>> the same happens with KIP5_IOCSETSBTCODE functions.
>> Only calls like KIP5_IOCSETSBTSIZE where READ and WRITE flags are not set
>> returns without problems.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me why this happens?
>
> Either you trashed the stack by a buffer overrun or by trying to put too
> much on the kernel stack. You really shouldnt be putting blocks bigger than
> a couple of K on the stack

What do you meen with buffer overrun at the stack?
The structures I send are 2644 and 1084 bytes, so this is not too big I think.

Is this definition of the argument correct when I use a pointer of the
struct TKip5KernelPacket,

#define KIP5_IOCPLOT _IOWR( KIP5_IOC_MAGIC, 21, sizeof( TKip5KernelPacket ) )

or must it be

#define KIP5_IOCPLOT _IOWR( KIP5_IOC_MAGIC, 21, sizeof( TKip5KernelPacket *) )

???

E-Mail: vgo@Ratio.de
Date: 04-Feb-99
Time: 19:08:08