Re: STB TV-PCI tuner not working since pre9

David (david@killerlabs.com)
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 02:58:39 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Subject says it all. I went back and looked at 131's log msgs and
> > /proc/devices and they appear no different, but it works. I'm in
> > contact with another user that has the same problem. I'm currently
> > running 2.2.1 and I can view one channel, but cannot change to others.
>
> What options are you using. It should be something like
>
> insmod i2c
> insmod tuner tuner=2
> insmod videodev
> insmod bttv card=3

i have an STB and have to switch back to 131 or so to watch video. i don't
use modules, i'm using the definitions made by menuconfig.

unfortunately i don't get anything but a black screen.

Midnight kernel: i2c: initialized
Midnight kernel: Linux video capture interface: v1.00
Midnight kernel: bttv0: Brooktree Bt848 (rev 18) bus: 0, devfn: 136, irq: 9, memory: 0xe1804000.
Midnight kernel: bttv: 1 Bt8xx card(s) found.
Midnight kernel: bttv0: audio chip: TDA9850
Midnight kernel: bttv0: model: MIRO
Midnight kernel: msp3400: init: chip=MSP3400@-@0

the good thing is that it doesn't scroll a page now trying to init a non
existent msp3400 even tho it thinks there's one there. one thing to note, i
do have devfs/msr on this 2.2.1-ac1 machine.

-d

--
  Do you remember how to -think- ? Do you remember how to experiment? Linux
__ is an operating system that brings back the fun and adventure in computing.