Re: Linux Graphics Architecture (format fixed)

Sun, 7 Feb 1999 10:05:14 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > o Linux standardizes on a graphics device driver interfaceA
> > o The driver interface, /dev/kgi, be based on the existing KGI drivers
>
> Oh look flame bait.
>
> The people who are doing the serious 3D work are using 1993 SGI technology.
> Its called Direct Render, its fast, its effective and it needs close to
> no kernel support. Oh and its as fast in an X window as full screen.
>
> Read Mark Kilgards paper on it aat SGI
>
> Alan

Ah yes! This comes up once every six months. We need to make a
'screen' which has, incidentally, a trivial kernel attached <grin>!

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.2.1 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).
Wisdom : It's not a Y2K problem. It's a Y2Day problem.