Re: 2.3 wish (was: where to discuss kernel 'bloatedness'?)

David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 14:08:30 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Simon Weijgers wrote:

> > ** Make it possible to delete unneeded parts of the tree.
> >
> > If I could rm -rf all arches I don't have, delete drivers for
> > all cards i don't have or plan to buy, and still the kernel builds,
> > then most of my problems are gone.
> That's already possible.
> you can delete all unnecessairy archs in the arch/ dir and you can delete
> all unnecessairy asm-{archname}/ dirs in the include/ dir.

Please, move this thread to linux-future instead...

/David Weinehall
_ _
// David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </