NFS write gathering: tiny bugfix for nfsroot clients...

Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:37:13 +0100 (CET)

> Hi everybody,

> The following patch fixes an oops that will occur if root
> kills
> off the rpciod daemon while an NFS partition is mounted, and
> then somebody proceeds to write to that partition.

Whoops. I should have been more explicit: This only affects people who
are running linux-2.2.1 with my write gathering patch or Alan Cox's
patch-2.2.1-ac3 or greater, and who insist on killing the rpciod
daemon before they're finished working.

Stock linux-2.2.1 works perfectly OK with nfsroot and RedHat to my
knowledge.

Cheers,
Trond