Re: strange behavior on loopback-devices 2.0.x - 2.2.x

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 02:57:33 +0000

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 03:42:42AM +0100, Kai Bankett wrote:

> If I use tcpump on the interface lo each packet is shown twice to me (2
> x incoming, 2 x outgoing). Maybe this is an unwanted behaviour ?!? (I

"Me too!" :) If I send a ping to localhost, the packets transmitted goes
up by _2_ and the packets received goes up by 2. Weird. (This is looking
at /proc/net/dev, as I never bothered to upgrade my ifconfig when I
switched to 2.2)

S.

--
There was a young man of St. John's