Re: tcsetattr/ioctl problem causes stty tests to fail

Greg Patterson (gomer@gomer.mlink.net)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:09:16 -0500 (EST)

On 16 Feb 1999, Jim Meyering wrote:

> I'm wondering if I've found a problem with the way the kernel
> handles the ioctl calls resulting from my call to tcsetattr.
>
> I've included a simple program that demonstrates the problem
> below and comments and a trace from Ulrich Drepper.

I've seen the same problem with old libraries (libc 5, ncurses) while
exiting from 'screen' sessions using Ctrl-K instead of 'exit'. The same
happens infrequently on a new RH5.2 system. Though I cannot reproduce it
regularly as I used to be able to. It started to show up in the later
2.1.x kernels and I reported it back then but nobody noticed. :-)