Re: [patch] shaper fix for timer SMP races [was Re: 2.2.2-pre2 hangs]

Alex (kernmail@mail.ru)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 17:27:59 +0300 (MSK)

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

>>I developed a new patch that I sent to Alex now for testing. The new >patch
>
>Alex didn't replyed me yet but since I had some time this evening I
>recompiled the kernel with shaper support and I tried the shaper + my >patch myself.

Sorry, i had to leave my machine for some time, so i didn't read mail.
Now i've come back and applied new Andrea's patch to my kernel. It looks good now. After hard testing (e.q. flood ping from shaped interface, etc) for about 30 minutes (previous versions died in 3 minutes) i'll leave machine working for a long time test (this machine runs 24 hours a day 7 days a week) and if i'll find something strange - i'll let you know.
I see very stable shaper work, even if telnet, ftp and flood ping runs simultaneously.

So, i hope, my problem with shaper and SMP is done.
Alex.

P.S. Will this patch be included into new 2.2.2 (or 2.2.2-preX) or i need to store it separately and apply to every new version?