Re: Missing CDROMRESET ioctl, MAD16 configuration problem

Jens Axboe (axboe@image.dk)
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:52:45 +0100

Ilya Tsindlekht wrote:
> For some reason, 2.2.0 doesn't have CROMRESET ioctl. Is it intentional?

No, not to my knowledge. I just recently enabled the reset part of
ide-cd and the cdrom.c reset ioctl is something that I do have in
my tree.

> Many thanks to those who removed busy wait from ATAPI CDROM resetting
> code.
> Since opening cdrom device now fails if it contains no cd (or failed to
> recognize it), eject and probably many other CDROM programs must be
> upgraded.
> Change.log probably should mention it.

I'm preparing a message to the maintainers of the various cd-tools
packages that are included in the major distributions to make sure
that this is alright. It's been like this for some time, though,
and cdrom-standard.tex does mention it.

--
*  Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
*  Linux CD-ROM Maintainer