Re: Duplicate routes

Mark H. Wood (mwood@IUPUI.Edu)
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 13:58:58 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Keith Owens wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:09:02 -0000 (GMT),
> Simon Kenyon <simon@koala.ie> wrote:
> >why are these routes being created automatically
> >can they not be created manually?
> >is this automatic creation considered a feature (a good? feature)
> >what is the rationale?
>
> They are *not* duplicate routes, even though they look like it.
> Compare the output below from route -n and iproute list. The entries

What's an "iproute"? Is that anything like "ip route", which a few people
have been telling us to use? I just looked in my 2.2.1 tree, and the only
mention I find of "iproute" is in networking/policy-routing.txt (which
likely isn't read by anybody not interested in policy routing) and
routing.txt, which says nothing about route being broken or deprecated.
Maybe this is why so many people are confused.

Specializing in unusual perspectives for more than twenty years.