RE: Linux 2.2.2pre4 SMP crash (wait_on_bh)

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 18:22:34 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Terry Katz wrote:

>I've experienced the same problem... 2.2.1, and 2.2.2pre2... There have been
>a number of people who have brought this up... No one has really been
>helpful in an answer as to how to fix. Linus suggested 2.2.2pre2 to me a
>short time ago, but just recently it happened with that so ...

Are you using the shaper. The shaper had a SMP race that could cause
exactly this kind of SMP hang. I just fixed it and you can find my fix in
both linux-kernel and linux-net.

Andrea Arcangeli