Re: Can't umount after SIGKILL

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 23:07:22 +0000

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 04:24:53PM -0500, Brian Geisel wrote:

> I have found that if I have a process which is running on a mounted
> filesystem, and I kill -9 that process, the filesystem is unable to be
> umounted. It thinks the filesystem is still in use.

Must something very specific - that works fine here (as expected). What is the
process? What kernel version? What filesystem? What state is the process in
when you kill it?

S.

--
"I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms.  There are
better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of