Re: People need to say "no"

Andrej Presern (andrejp@luz.fe.uni-lj.si)
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:15:09 +0100

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
>Now, maybe we're all in space, but we've collectively written or been
>responsible for a fairly large part of the kernel. (As Linus himself
>stated in the last week's NYT Sunday Magazine article about Linux, he's
>only responsible for writing maybe 5-10% of the kernel.) Maybe, just
>maybe, we know something about clean kernel coding style. So when one
>or more folks who have contributed quite a bit to the kernel takes the
>time to look over a patch or a suggested idea, and makes some
>constructive criticisms, don't you think it might be worthwhile to
>listen, and not just depend on throwing shit at Linus and hoping he
>knows how to reject the shit?

Actually, people bitch at people who say no because they hope Linus WON'T:-)))
After all, they want their stuff IN, not out of the kernel, and they're ready
to discredit and invalidate each and every authority who draws the line instead
of Linus (in other words, the only authority they are willing to submit and
listen to, regarding Linux, is Linus).

Andrej

--
Andrej Presern, andrejp@luz.fe.uni-lj.si