Re: Posix.1b & Posix.1i ???

Mathew G Monroe (mmex+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:56:33 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from internet.computing.linux-kernel: 2-Mar-99 Posix.1b &
Posix.1i ??? by Patrick MOUROT@sxb.bsf.a

> May be it is the wrong mailing list... but let me try :
> -Is Linux 2.x supporting Posix.1b & posix.1i stuff ??
> AFAIK and IMHO : no ;-(
> TIA !!

Yes, all of the extensions offered in these standards are options.
Currently aout half of them are supported. RT signals, RT scheduleing,
and its rummored AIO is doing in Glibc 2.1.x. Currently we are missing
Message Queues, SHM, and Semphores. Glibc already supports semphores
under Posix.1c, they just need extened into the kernel to support IPC
semphores and named semphores. The many problem is adding these
extensions "right" is a pain to do. Maybe some day when I get time, if
someone doesn't do them first.

Matt Monroe