Re: ping: sendto: Permission denied

Nikos Mouat (nikm@cyberflunk.com)
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 11:11:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
Check to see if there's some ipfwadm or ipchains rules.. I ran into the
same thing the other day with a Debian installation - the default ipchains
rules were disallowing any traffic over eth1. I zero-ed the rules and
changed the default policy to ACCEPT. You have to patch 2.0.36 I think to
go to ipchains, so you might have ipfwadm rules instead..
under ipchains:

# see if there are any rules
ipchains -L
# flush
ipchains -F
# change default policy
ipchains -P input ACCEPT
ipchains -P output ACCEPT
ipchains -P forward ACCEPT

I haven't used ipfwadm for a while so you'll want to check the man page

nm