Re: EXT2_UNRM_FL

Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.csiro.au)
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:31:40 +1100

Brandon S. Allbery writes:
> In message <199903041957.GAA15732@vindaloo.atnf.CSIRO.AU>, Richard Gooch writes
> :
> +-----
> | My utility preserves the full pathname in the wastebasket. So, for
> | example, if I remove /home/rgooch/fred then it gets moved to
> | $WASTEBASKET/home/rgooch/fred
> +--->8
>
> Shouldn't it only preserve the part of the pathname after the
> mountpoint? If the partition is mounted somewhere else for some
> reason, an undelete should still restore the file to its old
> location within that partition.

Well, my utility actually copies to $WASTEBASKET (usually
/tmp/$LOGNAME). A few tweaks and I could get it to rename to somewhere
on the same FS, in which case you'd be right.

The point was that I preserve most (currently all) of the pathname,
which solves the huge directory problem.

Regards,

Richard....