Re: OSFMach and (Mk)Linux-2.2

Tom Vier (nester@erols.com)
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 17:12:43 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > What sort of technical requirements would there be to get a port of
> > Linux-2.2 to OSFMach included in the official source tree as another arch?
> > (MkLinux-2.0.3x could be used as a starting point/guide)
>
> I think thats a Linus question to answer , and probably a 2.3 item for
> merging at least. Sounds good to me though

i'm about to look into porting 2.[23].x to mk. i think it may be hard
to keep everything in an arch, though. the current mk 2.0.x has
#ifdef's all over the place. i wasn't around when 2.0.x was ported, so
i'm not sure how difficult it would be to port linux again.

the idea of a mach aware pvm lib has been talked about, btw. i don't
think anyone's actually working on it, though.

--
Tom Vier - 0x82B007A8
thomass@erols.com