Re: Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 Server Adapter

Jim Niemira (urmane@xiombarg.urmane.org)
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 11:06:39 -0600

"Tom Sightler" spake, saying:
>On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Deepak Saxena wrote:
> >But the card works under M$ Winblows with the standard EEPRO/100 driver, so
> >presume it should work with the standard Linux EEPRO100 driver.
> >
> >marek
> This may sound nuts, and maybe I missed it earlier, but isn't it possible
> that, if this card will operate with the standard EEPRO100 driver for
> windows, that the only reason it doesn't work with the Linux driver is the
> that it is failing to detect it during the PCI probing?

I've had a eepro100 for about six months, and I notice that, aside from the
fact that you cannot select it with 'make config' (I have to manually insert
CONFIG_EEXPRESS_PRO100=m into .config), it appears to only work as a module.

I don't know enough to debug past this point myself; hopefully it'll help
you ;-)

--
Urmane Hendrake                        "Anti-wrinkle cream there may be, but
urmane@urmane.org                       anti-fat-bastard cream there is not."