Re: Lets get this right (WAS RE:MOSIX and kernel mods)

Albert D. Cahalan (acahalan@cs.uml.edu)
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 13:49:15 -0500 (EST)

Larry McVoy writes:
> From: "Albert D. Cahalan" <acahalan@cs.uml.edu>

>>> Yup, I sure do.

I still expect you to apologize to the DIPC authors. You've accused
them of lying and bloat without even looking at the code. Unlike you,
they actually wrote some code.

>> I just looked at the patch. It is almost small enough to attach below.
>
> So what? Do you think it is done? Have you thought for one second about
> the failure model that the DSM stuff has? Have you looked at any of the
> many DSM systems in detail to see how they do it?

Do you think I care? I'll guess the user could catch SIGSEGV.
This is clearly not a major issue with the network monitoring
tool that seems to be the showcase DIPC application.

>> The next time you feel compelled to spew flames at a developer,
>> have the decency to read the code first.
>
> The next time you feel compelled to spew opinions on this list, have the
> decency to go educate yourself first.
>
> Maybe you ought to go write some code instead of flaming away here.

You too. You've written about as much kernel code as me.
I don't go around flaming developers on a regular basis though.

I suggest you drop this and just publicly apologize to the DIPC authors.