Re: 2.2.2/2.2.2-ac7 knfsd unmount problem

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 07:13:45 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Sid Boyce wrote:

> Someone drew my attention to a problem he has on vanilla 2.2.2 it
> seems, but I've just checked it happens on -ac7.
> If you mount a device via nfs, it can be unmounted on the remote
> machine, but not on the local machine, where it complains "device is
> busy".

I believe this is the expected and proper behavior. When you export a
mount point, mountd holds a reference to it. It's not possible to umount
whichever device that directory lies upon until the reference is freed via
unexport.

Steve