Re: small question about isdn-code

Kernel Admin User (krnuser@temic-ech.spacenet.de)
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:34:33 +0100

> From: Dag Wieers <dag@life.be>
> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 17:09:00 +0100 (CET)
> Subject: small question about isdn-code
>
> while trying to solve a problem for a friend, i came across the following
> code:
>
> if ((card->typ > 0) && (card->typ < 31)) {
This checks only the possible size for an 32 Bit value and is only to
protect it for an oops, if you use a bigger index.

> if (!((1 << card->typ) & SUPORTED_CARDS)) {

This is the test if the driver for that card type is compiled in.
SUPORTED_CARDS contains a bit mask for all selected (during make config)
cards.
In a new version (not published) this will be changed,because we support
more as 32 cards now.

Karsten