Re: 2.2.2 Bug? RPC: sendmsg returned error 101

Jan Sevelin (fjs@mc.hik.se)
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:06:45 +0100 (MET)

On 8 Mar 1999, Trond Myklebust wrote:

> Why are you getting ENETUNREACH? In principle that error should never
> occur at that point unless you've shut down the network in the middle
> of an RPC request. Please check your links in /etc/rc.d/rc6.d...

:-)

I checked them again, and the files they point to, just in case...

Unfortunatly they seem to be in order...

/etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop is the penultimate thing that happens, just
before /etc/rc.d/init.d/halt

But! It is indeed strange that I get a ENETUNREACH, and if I would not have
been so tired tonight... :-)

Putting a sleep 10 after killproc portmap in /etc/rc.d/init.d/portmap also
solves the problem... Those 10 seconds is a cheap price to pay for avoiding
a half hour journey and an hour of ckraid and fsck :-)

Thanks!

/Jan