Re: CMI8330 and SIS6326 [maybe offtopic]

Dan Hollis (goemon@sasami.anime.net)
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:46:31 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Kernel List wrote:
> Afaik the CMI8330 and its cousin the CMI8338 both have the virtue of providing
> a cheap < 10ukp SPDIF input card. I don't now of anything comparable in price
> that has that ability.

CMI8330 spdif is broken for sure. Reportedly fixed in the 8338 but then
noones shipping 8338 cards yet. The only ones so far seem to be reference
cards direct from cmedia.

Its also always a hack job since 8330/8338 cards usually dont come with
SPDIF connectors.

Also from what I understand the output is stucked at 44khz so DATheads
might have a problem with that.

-Dan