Re: PATCH [dj2] feature-list

Dave Jones. (djones2@glam.ac.uk)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 13:25:40 +0000 ( )

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Martin Mares wrote:

> > Personally, my BIOS sets all the features I've set so far, but there
> > are a few that it doesn't. (I intend to get these in for my next patch)
> I asked, because I've never seen a VIA board with a BIOS that doesn't
> set the bridge parameters correctly :-)

I guess it all depends on the feedback I get from the next revision of my
patch. The VIA chipset is quite tweakable, I got the initial idea from
the M$ doze tools like PowerTweak, TweakBIOS etc..
I noticed my BIOS doesnt set up all options.

> > Maybe you're right, perhaps this should be a userland thing,
> > In which case should the whole 'optimise pci bridge' function be nuked
> > from the kernel ?
> Yes.

Anyone else got any reasons for keeping this in kernel-space ?
If not, my next patch will have a diff to remove this function.

d.