Re: DLink CT528

Dave Jones. (djones2@glam.ac.uk)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:25:23 +0000 ( )

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Thomas Molina wrote:

> What about the CT528 wasn't supported? I ran one
> of these using the standard driver through at least 2.1.132 with no
> problems. The magic smoke has since escaped and the card had to be
> replaced, but I saw no problems.

It's recognised in existing kernels as a RealTek 8029. Which effectively
it is. The people at DLink wouldn't tell me any technical information.
Their downloadable pdf's are little more than product placement.
I asked if it was the same as a RealTek 8029, which got a "No".
When I asked what was different they didn't answer.

My code just reads the subsystem vendor to determine between a
genuine RTL8029 and a clone (such as the CT528).

regards,

d.