Re: Oops: kernel paging request w 2.2.2

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:25:47 -0800

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 18:50:37 +0100 (CET),
Urban Widmark <urban@svenskatest.se> wrote:
>Code: c0123b9e <__fput+22/48> e: c7 43 08 00 00
>movl $0x0,0x8(%ebx)
>
>(Grmbl, who ever made the ksymoops output wider than 80 chars? ;)

Guilty as charged. The old ksymoops had the same problem, the length
of all the fields (address, module+offset plus the code from objdump)
would sometimes exceed 80 bytes. However the old ksymoops made no
attempt to print the decoded instructions in the same column, the
offset could change from line to line, making it harder to read the
instructions. New ksymoops uses fixed column layout which makes it
more likely to create long lines. I will add an option to ksymoops to
split each code line over two lines, like this :-