Re: Compiling ksymoops

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:43:49 -0800

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:10:57 +-100,
Ramon Corominas <ramon@valser.es> wrote:
>I'm trying ot compile ksymoops, and it give an error in oops.c that
>says that can't find bfd.h, what can i do ??

/usr/include/bfd.h is part of the binutils package, unless you are a
debian user when it is in binutils-dev.

>Another question that i have about ksymoops if is necessary to enable
>that read vmlinux, because it is not read by default.

Reading vmlinux was slow and people persuaded me that System.map
contained all the required data. If you supply -v vmlinux as well as
System.map it will cross check to make sure they match.

ps. I suggest you check your mailer, your original message had very
long, unwrapped lines.