Re: ide_set_handler: timer already active

Mark Lord (mlord@pobox.com)
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:34:04 -0500

Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> Just wondering: anyone else on a non-m68k platform who ever saw the message
>
> ide_set_handler: timer already active
>
> This is related the thing that made my box crash under heavy IDE activity for
> more than a year, and I just can't believe this bug (_if_ it happens on ia32)
> was never seen on ia32.

I have *never* seen this message on Intel-Architecture-32bit (ia32).
And my systems have a *lot* of IDE devices/activity:

3-5 disks, a cdrom, tape, zip, and PCMCIA ATA cards.. all active simultaneously!

The message is is only there "temporarily" anyway,
just to check for bugs seen (but not understood) on other architecture(s).

--
mlord@pobox.com