Re: [patch] v1.01 of /proc/.config (ready to eat)

CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 01:47:52 +1100 (EST)

Alan Cox wrote the following:

> > > 1. You shouldnt do that anyway
> >
> > reversing from a patch is more trouble). I just run make oldconfig
> ^^^^^^^^^
> You need to do this as well you see

AFAIK only to pick up new features/lose obsolete config options but
hey. :)

> > > 2. You add "make currentconfig"
> >
> > I fail to see the purpose... Other then making things a bit neater.
>
> It does
>
> sed -e "s/^/CONFIG_/" /proc/.config >.config; make oldconfig

*nod* figured.

BTW. Better not have any blank lines in /proc/.config with that. :) While
nothing may break it does make it untidy and something might break. :)

--
CaT (cat@zip.net.au)                       URL: http://www.zip.com.au/dev/null

An electricity provider of New Hampshire, US has advised it's customers that in the event of a power failure they can log on to its website for more information... - Paraphrased from the New Scientist, Feb 6, 1999