Re: [OFFTOPIC]: MS Porting Office to Linux?

Dietmar Stein (dstein2203@t-online.de)
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 15:24:08 +0100

Hi guys,

I followed this discussion a little bit, but don't where the starting point
is... never mind. After reading the last ten or twenty messages with the same
topic, I would like to agree to Mikulas.

1.) I think Bill Gates was, is and will be what we call in German "Abstauber" or
"Trittbrettfahrer" (excuse me, I don't know the english words for them), because
a long time ago (I read it in the intro of an OS/2 book), he buyed some sources
for (I think to remember) $20.000 and the sources were called DOS...

2.) I remember the times of the IBM PC-junior with 4.77 MHz and 256 kB RAM... it
was slow, if you think of, but it worked. In our days you need a Pentium
4235987759769587 with 57408953406745096856 GHz of speed and a 10943094430 TB hdd
to write a letter... if you are using... (you know) and you have to hope that it
will work once a time...

3.) I remember that the number of hotlines for supporting the user (or the users
problems?) increased very fast after the first release of w95...

I believe, porting any m$-software to linux will start the same silly
hardware-upgrading again.

Dietmar