Re: POSIX RT

yodaiken@chelm.cs.nmt.edu
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 00:16:40 -0700

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 04:54:43PM +1100, Richard Gooch wrote:
> yodaiken@chelm.cs.nmt.edu writes:
> > The POSIX "minimal" standard is actually very close to what RTL offers
> > and is what some other "POSIX" rt systems like LynxOs seem to follow.
> > The "multi" standard includes all the problematical stuff. How useful
> > would it be to have "minimal" on its own?
>
> So what exactly are the "minimal" and "multi" standards?

"minimal" is also called "single process". The system is required to
provide threads, timers, and rt signals, plus semaphores.
"multi" is what people think of: sched_setsched, mlock, +basic nonrt
posix. It seems like LynxOS and VxWorks people insistet on a minimal
standard so that they could claim POSIX conformance without adding all
that junk.

If you want, I can scan in an email you the key pages.