Re: [OFFTOPIC]: MS Porting Office to Linux?

Tue, 16 Mar 1999 17:10:06 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Philip Blundell wrote:

> Richard B. Johnson wrote:
> >On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Marc Lehmann wrote:
[SNIPPED]

> It works for you because the dynamic linkers from glibc 2.0.6 and 2.0.7
> are so
> similar; it doesn't really matter which one is used. If you try to use a 2.1
> ld.so with a 2.0.7 libc on the other hand, you will be in trouble.

Hmmm..

Begin3
Title: Linux shared, dynamic linker and utilities.
Version: 1.9.9
Entered-date: 21MAY98
ldd and libdl.
Author: david@ods.com (David Engel)
Maintained-by: david@ods.com (David Engel)
Primary-site: tsx-11.mit.edu /pub/linux/packages/GCC
ld.so-1.9.9.tar.gz
Alternate-site: sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/GCC
ld.so-1.9.9.tar.gz
Platform: Linux 2.0.0 or later.
Copying-policy: Copyrighted but freely distributable.
End

If a 'newer' ld.so doesn't work it is broken. This version works just
fine with my multiple 'C' libraries.

So I should update it?? And if I do, it won't work? Is this the story?
This one was updated in May of last year.

Its README states, in part; "... the main focus of this package is to
ease the transition to libc6." They seem to have done just fine.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.2.3 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).