Re: [OFFTOPIC]: MS Porting Office to Linux?

Horst von Brand (vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:45:25 -0400

CaT <cat@zip.com.au> said:
> Harald Koenig wrote the following:

[...]

> > so, when will glibc 2.1 really be available and which "political issues"
> > have to be worked out (for more than a month now) ?

AFAIU, the trouble is that it won't build with gcc-2.8.1

> Yeah. I'm kinda suprised about that not being resolved yet. Basically
> you had to have been lucky. Either you got it before it was withdrawn,
> you managed to find it in some dark corner of the net or you managed
> to get it off a friend who got it. Other then that you're SOL.

ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/glibc/, currently 2.1.1pre1

--
Dr. Horst H. von Brand                       mailto:vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl