Re: DES module in kernel?

Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
18 Mar 1999 18:28:23 +0100

Mike Eisler <mre@eng.sun.com> writes:

> > Yes For KerberosV this seems to be the case, but from the 'README' file:
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> That's the exact same README that is in the download from MIT. The bits
> are exactly the same. Someone is regularly donwloading this code
> from MIT and exporting it, apparently illegally, to the UK. That
> shouldn't be a suprise.

Well, considering that the redhat-contrib repository contained both
source and binary RPMs the last time I checked, I'm pretty sure that
isn't the only violation...

> Is there any other Kerberos? :-) Kerberos V5: it's the the standard.

It would be if it worked flawlessly with Arla/AFS ;-)

> It you feel obligated to follow supranational U.S. law, you may. Others who
> feel differently (such as the maintainer of the ftp site) may not. It's a
> choice you have, though as a U.S. resident, not one that I have.

Agreed, but it's a lot more fun to humiliate the 'Internett-savvy'
US Administration by doing it all legally...

Cheers,
Trond