RE: Arg list too long

Chris McClellen (Chris.McClellen@SciAtl.COM)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:41:09 -0500

Linux 2.0.3x defines that the total memory used up by args & environment
is 32 pages long. So, if you arglist+env size is > 32 pages (128k on
intel.... twice that alpha), you're screwed :-).

Most UNIXen have a similar limit on arg & env size.

Answer: linux imposed limit. Limited arg lists are not unique to linux tho.