RE: New driver development

Eric Lowe (ELowe@SYSTRAN.com)
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:05:37 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01BE76C8.8F4905F0

E-mail him at hpa@zytor.com or hpa@transmeta.com. He just provided a major
number for me for Systran's SCRAMNet mirrored memory network. His only
condition for assigning new major numbers is that a) the device name be
relatively self explanatory, and b) that a driver already be in the works.

--
Eric Lowe
elowe@systran.com

> -----Original Message----- > From: Massimo Piccioni [mailto:kernel@ermione.bo.astro.it] > Sent: Thursday, March 25, 1999 8:58 AM > To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu > Cc: les@compumodules.com > Subject: New driver development > > > Hello all. > > I'm writing a Linux driver for the new Octoport multiport > (4/8) rs232 PCI > board (saled by Computer Modules, Inc. http://www.compumodules.com/). > Computer Modules SUPPORTS this work (providing me all > necessary resources), > and maybe it will support moreother in the future. > > At this moment, the driver development is at the initial > phase (board detection > and configuration), but I believe a major number for the > associated devices > is needed. Do I have to ask Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com> (maintainer of > /usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt)? > > I hope this work can be useful for various users and goals. > My best regards, Massimo > > --------- > More infos can be obtained from the following site: > http://www.compumodules.com/octoport.htm > > - > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe > linux-kernel" in > the body of a message to majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu > Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/ >

------_=_NextPart_001_01BE76C8.8F4905F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"> RE: New driver development