Re: NetGear FA310TX/tulip.c

Jelle Foks (jelle@flying.demon.nl)
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:08:25 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Gerhard Mack wrote:

> VIA chipsets seem to have DMA problems with pretty much any device that
> wants DMA.

Huh? I'm running a file server with an MVP3 with a K6-2/300 and 40G in
UDMA disks (10-12Mb/s each) without problems (good performance and good
stability, on 2.2.3). As a result, I am positively in favor of the VIA
MVP3 (although, the socket370 celerons get really cheap too nowadays).

What DMA problems should I be looking for?

Jelle