Re: OOPS FAQ (was: OOPS (may be an attack))

Catalin BOIE (util@deuroconsult.ro)
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 08:43:31 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Ion Badulescu wrote:

> > Trace: c0183698 <scrup+74/10c>
> > Trace: c010b15f <do_IRQ+1b/54>
> > Trace: c0108cd0 <ret_from_intr+0/20>
>
> Don't try to filter what you don't understand.
I didn't. This is all I see in that moment. You don't think this is
possible?!

> Despite what some people might think, the kernel does _not_ log 10+ lines
> for one OOPS just for the hell of it. They are necessary for understanding
> the state of the CPU at the time of the event.
>
> As presented above, the report is 99% useless.
Thanks!

I think every information I got (even it's not complete) to share on the
list. If you don't think so, it's your problem.