Re: On making a boot disk..

Chris Chiapusio (chipper@llamas.net)
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 09:03:27 -0500 (EST)

read the source:

root@chipsworld:~ # head -1 `which mkbootdisk`
#!/bin/bash

looking though it... it checks a couple places for the version you want to
make a boot disk of:
----->8--------
[ -d /lib/modules/$kernel ] || {
echo "/lib/modules/$kernel is not a directory." >&2
exit 1
}

[ -f /boot/vmlinuz-$kernel ] || {
echo "/boot/vmlinuz-$kernel does not exist." >&2
exit 1
}

I checks for the modules directory for the requested kernel ver, then
checks for /boot/vmlinux-X.X.X

Chipper