Re: GNU/Linux stance by Richard Stallman

Sun, 28 Mar 1999 09:32:41 -0500 (EST)

The last time I checked, GNU made a bunch of tools. If I build a house,
I'll be damned if I'm going to put Sears/Johnson on my mailbox. --
Or Home Despot (sic) for that matter.

I think Dick is grasping for some recognition that, perhaps, he hasn't
been getting. Grepping through "CREDITS" doesn't show his name. Of
course, the names of many contributors aren't shown there either.

The Gnu Public License, itself, is a very useful tool. I think the
maintainer of MAINTAINERS and CREDITS should probably do a bit of
homework and apply some credit where credit is do.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.2.4 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).