[OFFTOPIC] Re: Why are kernel releases not announced?

Arvind Sankar (arvinds@mit.edu)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:45:29 -0500

On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 06:14:31AM -0500, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, WOL - Odinn Sorensen wrote:
>
> >Am I the only one who finds it annoying that kernel releases are not
> >announced here?
>
> Yes. You might also be the only one who doesn't see the kernel
> release announcements that *ARE* posted here.
>
> I just finished reading the release announcement from Linus for
> both 2.2.4 and 2.2.5 on this list, as well as several of the AC
> kernel release notes.

If you had actually bothered to read the announcement for 2.2.5,
you might have noticed that linus admitted that the announcement
was delayed, and he gave a good reason for it, too.

The original author's post was made before linus announced 2.2.5,
but after several people had started discussing it.

-- arvind