Re: Linux v2.2.x README missing information

Trevor Johnson (trevor@jpj.net)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 12:10:48 -0500 (EST)

Guest section DW wrote:

> The linux 2.2.1 distribution README is missing the comments on the
> symbolic links in /usr/include
> i.e.
> cd /usr/include
> rm -rf asm linux scsi
> ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386 asm
> ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux linux
> ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/scsi scsi
>
> Dangerous actions. You'll suddenly get lots of compilation errors.

How do you mean? It seems like it cuts more the other way: for instance,
I wouldn't be able to compile anything that uses <sys/socket.h>, if I
didn't have a <linux/socket.h>. I wouldn't be able to compile lilo
without <asm/boot.h>.
__
Trevor Johnson