Re: Linux v2.2.x README missing information

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
30 Mar 1999 23:56:12 +0200

In article <cistron.Pine.BSI.3.95.990330143859.17787B-100000@blues.jpj.net>,
Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net> wrote:
>I agree that nearly everyone uses distributions, and that if a stable
>environment is important one only should update anything with a good
>reason, but someone who is reading the README file has probably already
>found such a reason. A bit of documentation like this seems like a good
>thing:

Yes. Documentation that for example mentions -I/usr/src/linux/include
and doesn't instruct you to lobotomize your system

Mike.

--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?